Fall 2017 Statement Handbags
As promised, I'm bringing more style posts your way! To kick it off, here’s a quick post on how to accessorize your fall wardrobe...
The weather is cooling down. There’s no doubt about that. But, that doesn’t mean your wardrobe can’t heat up (zing!).
In all seriousness, I love spicing up the simple side of my fall wardrobe with a statement handbag. My go-to? This iridescent crossbody bag from Rebecca Minkoff. Check out a similar style here.
Keep reading for more of my favs!
Side note: I usually try to mix things up and post about several different retailers, but most of the handbags featured in this post are from Zara. Why? In my opinion, they carry quality, fashion-forward pieces without the price tag. Sure, I can get down with a cheap forever 21 handbag, butttt as most of us know, those never last long.
1. Statement Straps (especially with beaded details). I'm loving this crossbody bag from Zara paired with this lightweight, oversized jacket from Lulus. The dusty rose palette brings feminine charm to your wardrobe without looking too "spring".
2. Geometric Silhouettes. I mean, enough said! Someone host a party so I have an excuse to buy this fabulous find from Zara. Pair it with this tailored black coat from ASOS, your favorite little black dress and over-the-knee boots.
3. Plaid & Checked Patterns (I especially love these prints in a tweed fabric!). This convertible crossbody bag from Zara pairs perfectly with this camel colored coat from ASOS. The neutral color scheme makes it my favorite combo for fall. (As you probably guessed.)
4. Embroidered Details. So, this isn't technically a handbag, but I'm loving this embroidered clutch from Nordstrom. Pair it with your favorite denim and this quilted bomber jacket from Gap for a casual chic look that's perfect for a chill night out with your girlies.
5. Mermaid Vibes. Aquamarine color schemes and mermaid-inspired prints definitely made a statement this summer, but who says you can't add a splash of those mermaid vibes into your fall wardrobe? Nobody, that's who. Since this mesh crossbody bag from Zara is such a statement piece (I love the vintage look!), I'd pair it with a toned down outfit such as this oversized J. Crew sweater and your favorite denim or midi skirt. It's a great option for New Years Eve, too!
6. Mini Silhouettes. Apparently mini handbags are a thing? I'm not totally sold on the idea for everyday wear, BUT, similar to a clutch, I think it's a great option for a night out or special occasion. I'm loving this bejeweled leather mini from Zara with this sleek black trench coat from Lulus. Dress it down with your favorite distressed denim or jazz it up with leather pants.
Looking for everyday styles?
Stay tuned next week as I’ll be sharing some of my favorite everyday handbags that’ll last you from fall to winter!
As always, thanks for reading! Share the love below.